[syslinux] Don't allow users to append additional kernel cmdline args

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 15 08:38:10 PDT 2004

As soon as you allow users to boot off a CD, there is nothing preventing
them from bringing their own bootable CD, and wreaking havoc. So you
will not gain any additional security from this feature. The only thing
you may gain from this feature is to make sure your users will not use
your CD to hack into your own system.

- Murali