[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.09-pre14 released, release candidate

Blaauw,Bernd B. B.Blaauw at student.fontys.nl
Thu Apr 22 10:56:05 PDT 2004

HPA,

Is it possible to extend Memdisk so that it contains information about which SYSLINUX component booted it?

with Murali's help/work I have been able to detect Memdisk parameters from DOS. However knowing if the loader is Isolinux, PXElinux or Syslinux would help me a lot.
(for example: determining if a cdrom-driver should be loaded, and if so:
which one: Eltorito driver from www.nu2.nu which only works with Isolinux, or a generic IDE/Atapi cdrom-driver).

a powerfull way to apply this MEMDISK-parameter detection has been documented at:
http://www.911cd.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5706

Bernd Blaauw