[syslinux] Gcc 3.4.0 and syslinux-2.09 menu

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 27 08:18:21 PDT 2004

TenThumbs wrote:

>I also noticed that getnumrows returns the contents of 0x484 which is
>the number of rows minus one but menu.c has this
>    ms->numcols = getnumcols();
>    ms->numrows = getnumrows();
>    ms->maxcol = ms->numcols - 1;
>    ms->maxrow = ms->numrows - 1;
>which makes maxrow = rows - 2. Is this intentional?

According to the info I read

"40:84	byte	Rows on the screen (less 1, EGA+)"

I interpreted it as meaning, that on EGA+ it is
one less than the number of rows and otherwise it is equal to
the number of rows.

I did not want to write code to figure out if I am working with an
EGA+ or otherwise (which might complicate matters further if there
is going to be serial console support). So I took the conservative
approach.

If somebody knows for sure that this number is always one less than
the number of rows then a change to biosio.c is in order.

- Murali