[syslinux] Novell DHCP and Pxelinux

huberstuff at hsn.at huberstuff at hsn.at
Fri Apr 30 10:27:59 PDT 2004

Hello Friends,

once more.
We got pxelinux run with win 2000 dhcp. It works really fine.
there a not problems at all.

Now we want to get it run also under novell, but we want to use
the novell dhcp, we don't need the tftpd from novell, we want to use
a tfptd on another machine (a simple micrsoft tfptd).

As we found out, novell does not support the dhcp options (67 = bootserver,
68 = bootfile), But novell has a build in functionality for
booting from images.
So we activated this option (on the dhcp) for our test subnet and
specified the bootserver ip and name the the bootfile (from our ms-tfpdd)
We have also the option 60 put to PXEClient on the dhcp.

So now, when we start a client, it cries out the error message
ProxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011
PXE-E55???

We don't want to use proxydhcp, we want to make it with a simple
microsoft tftpd that is running on our install-server-black-box!

please help me!

thanks

markus