[syslinux] CF boot stops after version and date output

John Hohm jhohm at provinet.com
Tue Aug 3 13:47:18 PDT 2004

SYSLINUX 2.10 2004-06-18

That is all I get when I boot my system off a CompactFlash card in an
IDE adapter, no matter how long I wait.  What debugging steps are
recommended?  I'm willing to get down and dirty with assembler, and I'd
appreciate suggestions of what to suspect and where to start.

Details:

This is a Crucial 128MB CompactFlash card in a non-hot-swap CF-IDE
adapter which reports itself as a hard drive with 978/8/32 C/H/S.  The
card is partitioned, and the first (and only) file system is FAT16.  The
adapter is the primary (and only) device on the first IDE port.  The
MBR, boot sector and LDLINUX.SYS are from SYSLINUX 2.10.

--
John K. Hohm
ProviNET Solutions