[syslinux] CF boot stops after version and date output

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Aug 4 09:46:19 PDT 2004

John Hohm wrote:

> I tried 2.09 and 1.76, and apart from getting a different version number
> and date, they behave exactly the same as 2.10.

OK, then you probably have a buggy BIOS which returns a different
geometry than it's actually simulating.  Try upgrading your BIOS frist;
then try using "USB-ZIP" or "USB-FDD" as the simulation mode (assuming
you have "USB-HDD" now) and using an unpartitioned device.

Other than that I probably can't help you.