[syslinux] PXEboot works but running into a wall at "login"

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Sat Aug 7 08:51:31 PDT 2004

Respawning too fast, jst means that the "agetty" did not succeed.
* Check if all your binaries have their required .so files.
* This can be hard sometimes, since some binaries/.so files do not refer
to their dependent .so files by name, i.e. some of them have a
"lib_%s.so" (where the %s later gets replaced with some string).
* It cannot be a libc version problem (it should have failed much before
it actually did)

At this point my guess is a missing .so file or a missing device (to
rule this out you can copy all the devicees from your server to this image).

- Murali