[syslinux] pxelinux with localboot and etherboot

Kazutomo Yoshii kazutomo at powercockpit.net
Wed Aug 4 00:12:35 PDT 2004

Hi,

(this is a topic from etherboot ML).

When we specify "localboot" for pxelinux loaded from etherboot,
this option doesn't work( it doesn't boot from local harddrive ).

I was trying to change etherboot side but it was not easy to me.
So I simply replaced pxelinux local_boot: with isolinux's one
with little modification.

It may be better that pxelinux.cfg also allows to specify drive type
like "localboot 0x80" as well as "localboot 0".

Is this good idea or not?

Thanks,
--
Kazutomo Yoshii