[syslinux] tftp-hpa server hooks to external programs

Pierre Neyron pierre.neyron at imag.fr
Fri Aug 6 00:45:39 PDT 2004

Hi,

I wrote a patch to tftp-hpa which provides the functionality you need.
I also patched tftpd man, so you should find all the documentation needed.

This patch was actually developped against tftpd-hpa debian source
package (unstable 0.36-1), but it should work out of the box with
tftp-hpa 0.36 sources.

If my code can be reviewed and accepted, it could be great if it then
get integrated into tftp-hpa main sources...:)

NB:
- I also added a -f switch to run the server in the foreground (a la
named or dhcpd)
- some read and write were replaced with fread ant fwrite as it was bug
prone.

Pierre NEYRON