[syslinux] DOS fdisk

Brent W. Woodruff brent at fprimex.com
Thu Aug 12 17:14:21 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am using isolinux with memdisk to create a multi-bootable resource cd
where I work. I have the Windows 98SE bootdisk created as an image and
everything boots fine from the CD. However when I attempt to use fdisk,
it asks about enabling large disk support and when I answer yes it dumps
me back out to the prompt. Running fdisk /mbr reports 'no fixed disks
present.'

I made a floppy disk with the image I am using and fdisk works
correctly. Is there some way I can change my isolinux/memdisk
configuration to get fdisk to work from the CD?

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I could not search the
archives (I am on dial-up, the archives are 11 MB). I am not subscribed
to the list, so if you can help please reply to me directly.

Thank you all for your time,

Brent W. Woodruff
brent (at) fprimex dot com