[syslinux] PXELinux sending a boot disquette image? Is this possible?

bricolo at beroot.org bricolo at beroot.org
Fri Aug 13 00:30:13 PDT 2004

Hi,

First, I want to precise that I'm new to linux, so please answear with
simple words ;)

My problem is that I have to install and configure linux (RH9) on 36
identical computers. This would take ages. What I want to do, is to
configure one, and then clone the install.
But thos computers have no CD, no floppy, and I didn't manage to boot them
brom an usb stick.

The last option is to boot them via PXE (they can). So PXElinux seems a
good thing to try.

I've found a software that can copy a harddrive image to a ftp server, and
afterthat, install it on another computer.
Here's the software: http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/
But g4u boots from a floppy drive (or a bootable cd), both image files are
available on the website.

Is it possible, with PXELinux, to send the floppy image (or the bootable
cd image) to the remote computers, instead of a linux image? The floppy
image is in a .fr format, the cd in a .iso one. Does PXElinux support this
format? And how can I do it?

Thanks a lot
Alex