[syslinux] boot.cat

stephen stephen at theboulets.net
Mon Aug 23 15:01:12 PDT 2004

I'm trying to make a boot disk with reiser4progs on it. I can't seem to find
any documentation on the boot.cat file. Is this something I create or does it
get generated?

The documentation at http://syslinux.zytor.com/iso.php says:

<<
To create an image, create a directory called "isolinux" (or, if you prefer,
"boot/isolinux") underneath the root directory of your ISO image master file
tree. Copy isolinux.bin, a config file called "isolinux.cfg" (see syslinux.doc
for details on the configuration file), and all necessary files (kernels,
initrd, display files, etc.) into this directory [snip] ...

The part I'm unsure about is the 'all necessary files' part? ;)

Do I need to make a directory structure for the reiser4 programs, do I need an
init file? Links to more docs are appreciated.

_________
Stephen

If your desktop gets out of control easily,
you probably have too much stuff on it that
doesn't need to be there.
         Donna Smallin, "Unclutter Your Home"