[syslinux] Problem: booting stops during "Loading /bzimage...."

Erwan Velu erwan at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Aug 26 01:08:52 PDT 2004

> If I only knew how to do it on a machine without floppy or cdrom and the only way to
> boot it is using network :-(
You can try booting a floppy dos based image using memdisk :)
It may works... If it's the case you can update your bioses by inserting
the flash programs inside.

Some bioses also allow to boot up on a usb floppy drive.. It could be a
solution to update the bios. I did it on some opterons with success. PXE
was broken, I've update like this way.

Cheers,
--
Erwan Velu
Linux Cluster Distribution Project Manager