[syslinux] pxe + memdisk ..??

William Sellier William.Sellier at rueducommerce.com
Thu Aug 26 06:40:32 PDT 2004

Thank all,
But I found the problem.. :)
For some reason, the image was chmod  in read only for root...... yep a typical but i didn't see it coming.
So now, well I've got it working, even did a 15Mo hard drive image in a gzip format , all works great...
The sad part is some utilities (from ubcd) like docmem or windiag, just hang the computer, and the western digital tools reboot the computer....

Well I've was Happy with this server, it would help me for the 150 computers we build every day. But like in all computer stories..... I've done got to update the bios of the Asrock k7s8x that we use, for the Sempron... And now the Netboot option is broken, it doesn't even tries to load the little pxe agent on the mainboard.... So... after All this, I'm stuck with some other problem...

:( haaaaaaaa

Thank again...