EDD error RE: [syslinux] Re: SYSLINUX 2.12-pre7 released

Blaauw,Bernd B. B.Blaauw at student.fontys.nl
Wed Dec 8 13:00:46 PST 2004

I have an application/program which shows 'bios EDD error' when using Isolinux
(with either loading an image directly through MEMDISK, or booting to A:), and not when using a bootdisk directly or booting a bootdisk directly which has SYSLINUX on it.

configuration:
bootable cdrom with Isolinux 2.11/2.12pre9 as bootloader.

1.44MB bootdisk with MSDOS.SYS/IO.SYS and the UDMA2 dos driver,
http://fdos.org/ripcord/beta9sr1/other/misc/Udma2_16.zip (sourcecode included)

DEVICE=UDMA2.SYS
SHELL=A:\COMMAND.COM A:\ /D /P

Doesn't Isolinux clear everything before a localboot 0x00 ?
I guess not, as sometimes the eltorito.sys driver from www.nu2.nu also still loads, which means parts of Eltorito booting are still present in system
(somewhat like KEEPPXE).

FreeDOS kernel does not show the EDD error though, but that piece of software is currently a little bit messy, so not reliable.

Vmware Workstation 5 Beta1, by the way.

also a syslinux bootdisk with 'bootsect.bin' seems to work perfectly, I always thought BSS was required (my mistake?).
Also 2.12pre9 is missing SYSLINUX.EXE, but the .COM seems to work
SYSLINUX A: (I do get a direct hardware access message though on Win2000)

Bernd

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:

http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer

The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.