[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.20-pre5 available

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Dec 17 09:42:24 PST 2004

Quinn wrote:
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
>> Okay, I just released syslinux-2.20-pre5 which should fix this.
>>
>>     -hpa
>>
> Hi Peter,
>
> pre5 compiles fine now. I tested syslinux.com on a ms dos 6.2.2 machine
> by doing
>
> formatted a 1.44MB floppy (format a:) and then ran syslinux:
> syslinux a: <enter>
>
> syslinux.com gave an output of:
>
> áááááááááááááááááááááááááááá
>
> then back to the command prompt.  I checked the floppy boot sector and
> it still had the standard msdos boot sector and not the modified
> syslinux boot sector.  The same output occurs if I run syslinux with the
> -s parameter or if I run syslinux c:

Hey... didn't lock the system... I'm doing better than expected :)  The
above is almost amusing in comparison... I'd like to figure out just
exactly what actually happened there.  (It could be as boring as it's
trying to print the usage message and failing..)

Did you see if there were any trace of the ldlinux.sys file (probably as
a hidden system file)?