[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.00-pre8: Let's try this release thing again

Blaauw,Bernd B. B.Blaauw at student.fontys.nl
Wed Dec 29 09:25:17 PST 2004

HPA, thanks for the 'write bootsector to file' feature.
Small additional feature request for Syslinux 3.xx:
-make MDSKCHK able to obtain a variable which tells which Syslinux variant booted the MEMDISK.

BOOTLDR=SYSLINUX for example

suggested values (Memdisk can be booted from different bootloaders):
*SYSLINUX
*ISOLINUX
*PXELINUX
*UNKNOWN

MDISKCHK can already obtain BOOT_IMAGE and INITRD.

Reason for my request is that I boot a certain disk image through either Syslinux or Isolinux, and I'd like to know which one was used.

This probably requires some changes to both the Memdisk and Isolinux code though..

Bernd

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:

http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer

The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.