[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.09-pre5 - Menu Depth "Feature"

Geoffrey Huntley webmaster at nextwish.org
Tue Feb 3 01:29:23 PST 2004

HPA,
	I believe I've found a possible bug with /menu.

This against the unmodified -pre5 snapshot.

SRC: http://www.survivaldisk.com/menutest.c
COMPILED: http://www.survivaldisk.com/menutest.com

It's easiest explained if you just compile the .c and experience it for
yourself, anyways.

If you have two submenus nested within each other and then call a third menu
it will bring up the second menu instead of the third.

  MAIN = add_menu(" Main Menu ");
  add_item("Begin Menu Depth Test","Only Allows Depth Of
Two",OPT_SUBMENU,NULL,ONE);
  add_item("Exit to prompt", "Exit the menu system", OPT_EXITMENU, "exit",
0);

  ONE = add_menu(" LEVEL 1 ");
  add_item("GOTO LEVEL 2","Go one level up",OPT_SUBMENU,NULL,TWO);
  add_item("Exit to prompt", "Exit the menu system", OPT_EXITMENU, "exit",
0);

  TWO = add_menu(" LEVEL 2 ");
  add_item("GOTO LEVEL 3","Go one level up",OPT_SUBMENU,NULL,TWO);
  add_item("Exit to prompt", "Exit the menu system", OPT_EXITMENU, "exit",
0);
  [snip]

End result of selecting goto LEVEL 2 is that it brings up a new submenu
containing LEVEL 1 instead of LEVEL2.