[syslinux] COMBoot questions

Marc Haisenko haisenko at webport.de
Tue Feb 3 00:54:41 PST 2004

Hi folks,
I'd like to write a graphical menu for a rescue Linux system I'm currently
working on in my spare time. I'm experimenting with VESA for this... but my
real questions are:

How do I boot a Linux kernel from a COMBoot (.cbt) program ?

Supposed I have syslinux.cfg that looks like this:

DEFAULT menu

LABEL menu
KERNEL menu.cbt

LABEL linux
KERNEL kernel.bzi

Do I have to use AX=0003h, INT 22h with a C-string like "linux vga=317" in
ES:BX or "kernel.bzi vga=317" ? Should I return from my VESA mode into normal
80x25 textmode (I'm trying to hide as much from Linux as possible simply for
aestetic reasons ;-)

The second question is about open file, AX=0006h, INT 22h... does it support
sub-directories ? Like "images\main.pcx" ?

Thnx a lot,
	Marc

--
Marc Haisenko