[syslinux] Pxelinux Image size restriction?

Erik Dykema ed2019 at columbia.edu
Wed Feb 4 11:21:45 PST 2004

Hi-
	Is there any size restriction (maximum?) on the size of kernels or
initrd.gz images that pxelinux can fetch over the network and load?
	We are currently loading a 730k kernel, and a 2.1 megabyte initrd.gz
image, and everything is working fine.  It would be nice, however, to
load larger images that have more stuff on them.  Is there any inherent
maximum (other than system ram) to how large of an image we could load?
	For example, we could compile more drivers into the initrd.gz image,
and it would become 6 megabytes.  Is this too large for pxelinux, the
PXE protocol, or typical hardware to handle?

thanks,
Erik Dykema