[syslinux] Memdisk/floppy image question

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 10 17:15:03 PST 2004

I meant that the script should do all the things necessary to create a
floppy image, including

* call mkdosfs with right param's
* Copy the right section of boot sector code (given an existing
bootsector/floppy image)
* And output the C/H/S values for use with syslinux.

Frankly the verbose output of mkdosfs gives too much information. It
took me some time to realise that tracks and cylinder are the same thing
(almost). Just a simple script which can be used to create large floppy
images. I am planning to write one for my use anyway. Once I finish I
can post it here, for inclusion with syslinux.

BTW, is there anybody who use the large floppy feature of memdisk. It
sure beats having to fit things inside a 2.88 floppy image, and storing
a compressed ramdisk image inside a floppy image.

- Murali