[syslinux] Problem with opening a file

Marc Haisenko haisenko at be-ok.com
Wed Feb 11 03:45:52 PST 2004

Hi folks,
I've got a problem with COMBoot (16 bit) in SYSLINUX 2.06: while the write
string call (ax=2, int 22h) works just fine, the open file call (ax=6, int
22h) does nothing at all. Calling that function doesn't modify any register,
and doesn't modify the carry flag.

I then modified comapi_open in comboot.inc so it sets ax to some value and
recompiled SYSLINUX, reinstalled it in my disk image and reran my tests, and
still no modification to ax... I checked the syslinux source and my magic
values (0xDEAD and 0xBEEF for success and failure) are there, so the code did
get compiled.

Does anyone know how something like this can happen ? The comapi_open does
appear in the int22_table, and on the correct offset... but I haven't checked
the ISR yet...

BTW, I'm using VMWare 4 for testing...
C'ya,
	Marc