[syslinux] How to build a 2.88M DOS image without a 2.88 driver?

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Feb 12 21:00:38 PST 2004

* Make a 1.44 MB Floppy disk which can boot into DOS.
* Download and install WinImage (free trial)
* Slurp up the floppy contents into a file (using WinImage)
* Tell WinImage to change it to a 2.88MB image
* Add more files as you wish.
* Save the file without any compression and change extension to .img

Now you are all set (I think:-))

- Murali