[syslinux] Memdisk booting XP DOS

Bob Whitworth rwhitworth at hst.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 16 07:14:42 PST 2004

Memdisk 2.08 does not appear to be able to boot an XP DOS image (it starts
to boot and then hangs).  XP DOS appears to be borrowed from WinME
(v4.90.3000).  I was trying to make a multiple boot CD with Bart's method:

http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/#multimemdisk

but substituting Brads TCP boot disk instead of Barts:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bdriver/bootdisk/index.htm

Brad uses XPs DOS as it is smaller than 98s (which Memdisk has no trouble
with).  For the time being I will convert Brads disk to 98SE DOS but I will
have to loose some drivers to make room.

Bob Whitworth                                  HST LAN Support
Goddard Space Flight Center             rwhitworth at hst.nasa.gov
MS 440.8 Building 3/Room 103          301-286-1968 voice
Greenbelt, Md 20771                         301-286-1689 fax