[syslinux] PXE booting 2.88MB floppy

Simon Kelsall simonk at stjamesthegreat.org
Mon Feb 16 15:54:58 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm sorry to bring this up again but I can't quit get this too work. I'm trying
to build a 2.88 floppy image so that I can use PXE to load Ghost.

I'm useing the following to get a copy of the bootsector:
       dd if=/dev/fd0 of=bootblock bs=512 count=1

Then I build the image file with:
       mformat -C -t 160 -s 18 -h 2 -B bootblock x:

Then use mcopy to put the required files into the image. I mount the image on
the loop back device and everything looks ok, but when I try to boot a machine
from this it just moans "invalid system disk".

The disk I am useing for the bootsector and to copy the files from is a working
Windows 98 startup disk.

Once again thank you for your time, I've spent a couple of days on this and the
other bits to get PXE booting to work already, but I'm running out of time to
get 30 new bare machines up and running by the end of the holidays.

--
Simon Kelsall
Network Administrator