[syslinux] PXE booting 2.88MB floppy

Simon Kelsall simonk at stjamesthegreat.org
Tue Feb 17 13:10:01 PST 2004

Thanks for the help guys, I ended up useing a combination of both replys to move
things along. The following is mainly for the archives.

I used WinImage to save the bootsector of a normal Windows 98 startup disk
to a file boot.bin then with
drive x: file="/tmp/2880.img" in ~/.mtoolsrc I could
mformat -C f 2880 -B boot.bin x: to create the file before I
mcopy "the files I need" x: then just copy /tmp/2880.img to the tftpboot
directory and I had my bootable 2.88 dos floppy.

My only problem now is that when I try and run Ghost it crashs with a GP error
:-(
but I guess thats for another list.

--
Simon Kelsall