[syslinux] BIOS disk geometry and Linux 2.6

Michael Brown Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Thu Feb 26 18:03:19 PST 2004

I have run into exactly this problem on several occasions, and it
certainly does suck.

The way I fixed it was to write a small "force_255_heads" patch. It
works for all IDE. I've also submitted a patch to libata so that all
SATA drives have this geometry. This sounds slightly more useful.

--
Michael