[syslinux] image checksum error boot failed press any key

Joseph Harth jcharth at masswire.com
Sat Feb 28 09:31:31 PST 2004

well this is a little bet more info about my error. i compiled a kernel with
some patches for mppe encryption. for some reason i get the error above. i
tried a few things but nothing works. my kernel is 1.4mb compressed. the
original kernel is 1.1
i posted the iso on my website maybe someone can take a look to it.
www.wittyadmin.com/slackmin.iso
i did not  modify the original initrd.gz on the cd. i notice that the modules
in my kernel are .o format and in the cd they are in .o.gz but i doubt that
this is the problem. because i dont even get to booting the kernel.
i deleted the isolinux.boot from the cd because i read somewhere that it is
not necesary.  i tried increasing the ramdisk size from 7777 to  15000 and
the result is the computer reboots and i am unable to read the line that is
displayed because it reboots too fast. if i put the slax cd and wait for the
boot prompt and the put my cd everything works. i also tried looking at the
isolinux.asm but i can figure out the code.
this is the isolinux.cfg
display splash
default slax
prompt 1
timeout 20

label slax
kernel vmlinuz
append max_loop=255 initrd=initrd.gz init=linuxrc livecd_subdir=/
load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=7777 root=/dev/ram0 rw

remains the same from the cd,

and this are some lines of the isolinux.asm maybe someone can tell me what
this means

		; Verify the checksum on the loaded image.
verify_image:
		mov si,7C00h+2048
		mov bx,es
		mov ecx,[ImageDwords]
		mov edi,[FirstSecSum]		; First sector checksum
.loop		es lodsd
		add edi,eax
		dec ecx
		jz .done