[syslinux] Problem with Syslinux 2.07 and APM on SMP system

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Thu Jan 8 08:13:08 PST 2004

Hi Josef,

I have tried using lilo on the system and all is fine.
So the system boots fine with Grub and Lilo, but if I use
syslinux's pxeboot or isolinux the kernel displays the APM
error and will not power off correctly.

So there appears to be something that syslinux does or does not
do compared with grub and lilo ....

Terry

--
Dr Terry Barnaby                     BEAM Ltd
Phone: +44 1454 324512               Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd