[syslinux] DOCMEMORY 2.0 (simmtester) and MEMDISK

Phillip Remaker remaker at suespammers.org
Mon Jan 12 17:06:17 PST 2004

> > I don't know how docmemory figures out where it shouldn't write, or what
> > mechanisms exist to communicate that information, but hopefull people on
> > this mailing list will 8-)
> >

> What it *SHOULD* use is INT 15h, AX=E820h.

So basically, this is a problem with the application, and there is nothing
that MEMDISK can do?

Is there anything I can do as a mere mortal to trobleshoot and provide
useful information back to developers, either of MEMDISK, or the
applications that are unfriendly to MEMDISK?

Is there any other reason that it would hand when starting the memory test?
Just the failure to make the right query about the memory map?  Is this a
FREEDOS issue, or an application issue?  Or a
way-the-application-uses-FreeDOS issue?