[syslinux] Comboot Menu

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Jan 16 11:10:05 PST 2004

ganapathy murali krishnan wrote:
> Since lot of people want this thing, I will try to take a stab at it.
> For now, I will hard code the menu in the code, and then somebody else
> can remove that restriction. May be we can add some kind of keyword to
> the config file which syslinux ignores and the comboot menu does
> something with it.

Well, the sane thing would be for the menu program to take a
configuration file name on its command line and download that file
separately.

> I have one question about comboot: If I write a DOS program using C
> (compiled using watcom -3 -mt -osx flags) and use only BIOS interrupts
> and the DOS interrupts which comboot API supports, it should work in
> syslinux right?

Yes, that should work.  It's extremely unlikely that you can get a
standard C library to be that restrictive, though... although if you
manage, more power to you :)

> In that case, it will be easy to debug, since what I write will be a
> simple DOS .COM file.

Indeed.