[syslinux] unloading memdisk

Joachim Bass joachim.bass at gmx.net
Fri Jan 16 15:00:51 PST 2004

Hi Peter,

I'm using isolinux and memdisk to create a multiboot rescue cd for
personal use as described on Bart's page (www.nu2.nu). One boot item
is to boot DOS 7.1 from Win98SE with a lot of other staff for emergencies.
This DOS bootimage puts all necessary stuff into it's own ramdisk (XMSDSK).
Some progs on the ramdisk needs access to floppy drive A: and unfortunately
I've no chance to modify this behavior because I've only the Exes.
While memdisk use A: the real floppy is assigned to B: and that is my
problem.
So I've read all docs and searched through the whole mailing list in the
hope
to find a solution.
In the mailing list I've found the following thread (see below).

So, if I cut express a wish it would be a great complaisant if you could add
a function to disable memdisk so that it releases floppy drive A:

In the new release 2.08 you have add the sample prog mdiskchk to check for
memdisk. Perhaps you can extend this prog with a /u or -u switch to unload
the
memdisk?

Regards
Joachim