[syslinux] Bug-report: Booting DOS images from USB

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Jan 20 09:58:17 PST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > I'm doing a small hobby project writing some tools to put DOS boot images
> > and Linux rescue images on a USB stick.
>
> What BIOS are you using?  I would, unfortunately, bet a fair amount of
> money it's a BIOS bug more so than a MEMDISK bug.

It's a Thinkpad T30 BIOS. I'll check if there's an updated BIOS first and
test it on some other Thinkpads first. (Though, I'm not sure if any of the
others allow booting from USB).

It's been bothering me for some time now and I'm always hoping another
syslinux release may work ;))) Nice to know that it should work.

Thanks for your help.