[syslinux] Hyperthreaded P4 processor count

Petro petro at corp.vendio.com
Thu Jan 22 12:45:52 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 02:32:16PM -0500, Rip Toren wrote:
> I have three different live-CD distributions that give me different
> numbers for the cpu count on this box (Dell P4 2.4GHz).
> -the Knoppix 3.3 (11-19-03) says 1 processor (no error);
> -the PHLAK 0.2 distribution say 1 processor (and 1 missing)
> -the Local Area Security distro says two processors (identicle P4s).
> Might there be somthing new in 2.0.8 that accounts for this difference. Is
> there a switch or whatever that kicks the senond one into play?I would love
> to add the 2nd processor (given the kernel is SMPed).

    There isn't really anything that syslinux does where a second
    processor would help.

    It's the linux (or whatever kernel) you boot later that kicks it in.

--
Petro at corp.vendio.com                           ccpetro at vtext.com [sms]
Unix Administrator                           2766480 at skytel.com [pager]