[syslinux] Comboot Menu

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jan 22 22:06:24 PST 2004

ganapathy murali krishnan wrote:

> INT 21h, Functions 4Ah 40h 30h and INT 21h with AX=3D01h.

Memory management, write file(?!), get DOS version, open file; get DOS
version is already implemented but OW probably want to check for DOS
2.0+ or later.

Not something likely to do in SYSLINUX.

> Is there a flag to Open Watcomm which bypasses its startup code or
> something like that?
>
> Or will implementing dummy versions of these in SYSLINUX help?
>
> Basically, I am searching for some way to compile my C program which
> uses only int 10h, int 16h and SYSLINUX compatible parts of 21h to a
> .COM file which runs under ISOLINUX and preferably under DOS also if I
> do not run the SYSLINUX specific interrupts (All my calls to SYSLINUX
> API is wrapped around a check to see if we are running DOS 0.0).

There is a section in the OpenWatcom manual called "writing ROMmable
applications" or something like that.  It describes, at least at a high
level, what one can do in "embedded" applications.

I don't know how helpful it is in how to modify the startup code, though.