[syslinux] Comboot Menu

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 23 11:55:54 PST 2004

I seem to see some sunlight :-)

I also wrote to Kendall (a developer of OpenWatcom) with this question.
This was his reply... Before I try this I just want to pass it by this
list. May be there needs to be more changes to the .asm file which
Kendall proposed.

If this works out, this should be added with SYSLINUX documentation, so
others dont hit this road block.

------ BEGIN EMAIL -------

Basically you need to link the very first object module in your program
list as a special assembler stub that has the 'START' entry point defined
(by default this is the runtime library). You also need to tell the
linker NOT to use any default runtime libraries, so you will not be able
to link until you provide this file. The linker option you want is:

OP nodefaultlibs

Below is some WASM assembler code that will set the startup entry point
and do nothing but return, which you need to link as the very first
object file in your object file list (actually I think Watcom may accept
this anywhere in the list - Borland used to require it first in the
list). The key is the very last line that tells the object record where
the program entry point should be:

         name    cstart
         assume  nothing

_TEXT   segment use16 para public 'CODE'

         assume  cs:_TEXT

_start proc near

		ret

_start endp