[syslinux] Comboot API

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Jan 27 14:05:58 PST 2004

ganapathy murali krishnan wrote:
> There is no API to input an entire string from the console. So the only
> solution is to write it oneself reading one key at a time. Since the
> code is already there in syslinux, could this be added to the API?
>
> I am mainly looking for the simple editing capabilities (backspace and
> stuff).

Actually, it's not -- the command-line input in syslinux is highly
specific to entering the syslinux command line, and wouldn't be easily
changeable to make it do anything else.  You could say it's too smart
for its own good.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to add another routine just to make it
an API function, when it's a pretty trivial C routine.