[syslinux] Kernel problems?

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 28 16:19:44 PST 2004

This is not exactly a syslinux question, but I guess many people here
might recognize the problem.

I just built a new kernel for ISOLINUX to use. This kernel has initrd
and ramdisk enabled. When I boot into this new kernel (using ISOlinux,
but that does not matter), it uncompresses the initial ramdisk. When it
has finished about 90%-99% of the uncompression, it just reboots without
any panic message or anything.

The same ramdisk works fine with an older kernel. So obviously the fault
is with the kernel configurations. Googling did nt get me anything
helpful (they just say possible problems with the creation of the initrd
image).

Any hints as to what I should look for?

- Murali