[syslinux] Bug-report: Booting DOS images from USB

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 29 06:01:58 PST 2004

Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> writes:

> I have the same behaviour. It freezes after booting DOS.

What do you have in your config.sys?

The FreeDOS and MS-DOS cases might be completely different.  As I know
from hard experience :-), the current FreeDOS himem.exe has some
issues with memdisk (which will be fixed soon).

But I also have reports that DOS 6.22 hangs on startup if it detects
any "unusual" partitions on any of your drives.  I am not sure what
qualifies as "unusual", exactly, but Linux partitions (for instance)
will do it.

Do you have a copy of DOS 7 (Win9x) or DOS 8 (WinME) you might try?
They are more forgiving of foreign OS partitions...

 - Pat
   http://unattended.sourceforge.net/