[syslinux] Bug-report: Booting DOS images from USB

Pedro M. pmacv at telefonica.net
Thu Jan 29 08:49:35 PST 2004

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
>

>>Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> writes:
>>

>>>I have the same behaviour. It freezes after booting DOS.
>>
>>What do you have in your config.sys?
>

> It's the latest image taken from the FreeDOS project page.
>

>>The FreeDOS and MS-DOS cases might be completely different.  As I know
>>from hard experience :-), the current FreeDOS himem.exe has some
>>issues with memdisk (which will be fixed soon).
>

> Ok, but I fear it may not work since every single OS has problems booting
> except Linux 2.2 and Linux 2.4.
>
> These images are on my usbstick and I have tried them all using my
> usbstick. If I find the time later today I'll test them from my own system
> to see if that works.

This about Dos / USB and Linux is important.

For example, to boot my www.transcendusa.com USB key I need to have ( I
advice to everybody don't buy it to use with Linux ) a DOS booting and
them jump to Linux.

So, I cannot use http://flonix.tuxfamily.org in my usbstick.

I suggest create a special groups about USB booting.

Regards.