[syslinux] Bug-report: Booting DOS images from USB

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Jan 29 14:46:37 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:

> Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
> >
> > > What do you have in your config.sys?
> >
> > It's the latest image taken from the FreeDOS project page.
>
> config.sys is a text file, like autoexec.bat.  I am curious whether
> you are loading himem.exe (or fdxms.sys or himem.sys), using DOS=HIGH,
> that sort of thing.  It should be a short file...

Yeah, I just stated that as a reference. Maybe you knew the images and
could verify it. I haven't had mych time today and I won't have it
tomorrow.

I hope to let you know more this weekend or next week when I:

 1. Look in the images and disable/enable himem.sys
 2. Boot the images from a normal grub on my harddisk to compare

But still I don't have more debugging information other than the normal
memdisk output which doesn't say very much to find the cause.

> > 	title Bochs: NetBSD
> > 	title Bochs: OpenBSD
>
> Why are these "Bochs: *BSD" instead of just "*BSD"?  Have you tried
> booting any of the BSDs natively?

Just to remind me that I got them from the Bochs-site (and are probably
therefor rather old).