[syslinux] Disabling MEMDISK

Alexander Heinz mailsanmich at gmx.li
Tue Jul 6 17:07:17 PDT 2004

>>> OK, here is a hideously ugly and completely untested way of doing
>>> it.  Prefix the .com program with this code, i.e. do something like:
>>

> Please use this source instead.  I had missed something obvious.

My first impression: It works! (etherboot is still usable)
Thank you hpa!

I will do further tests and report the results.

Here is what happened (I used a 3com 905 tx-m NIC with PXE):
- pxelinux bootet memdisk
- memdisk loaded an image of a Windows98SE boot disk with the required
.com files (and without himem.sys/emm386; no autoexec.bat, no
config.sys, no drivers)
- I combined your program with the etherboot .com 5.3.8 UNDI driver and
started it.
- Etherboot loads my .nbi image of Thinstation Linux and it works

I have not checked whether the virtual floppy is really gone or not but
I will do it tomorrow (It is 2am here and I need some sleep).

Alex