[syslinux] Cannnot Load image

Pablo Morales pablo.morales at bancaqm.com.uy
Wed Jul 7 04:34:43 PDT 2004

Well, I'm back distubing the peace..

Now, I've got the following configuration.. under /tftpboot I've got my
kernel and the pxelinux.0 under /tftpboot I created the pxelinux.cfg
directory.

 I created a file named default as stated in the manual, the same behavior
occurs, it seems that it cannot find that file,

When booting it converts the IP to HEX, so, I tried to do like the manual
says, I create a file named 0A633734 under
/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/

When booting , now it seems to find that archive cause it stops there

My IP address seems to be 0A633734 - 10.99.55.52
Trying to load pxelinux.cfg/01-xx-xx-x-xx-xx <- The MAC
Trying to load pxelinux.cfg/0A33734
And then stops there and complains that cannot find an image called linux
( the default )

inside the 0A33734 archive ( uppercase ) I have the following

label newkernel ( lowercase )
kernel mykernel ( lowercase )
In some examples I found in internet I found LABEL in uppercase, do  not
know if it make difference or not.

mykernel resides under /tftpboot/

If I delete the configuration file and rename mykernel to linux it boots
fine, but I need to pass the root= option to my
kernel cause it gives me a kernel panic.

Sorry, but still do not know wadda hell I'm doing wrong.

Thanx 4 your time..