[syslinux] Cannnot Load image

Blaauw,Bernd B. B.Blaauw at student.fontys.nl
Wed Jul 7 07:57:45 PDT 2004

if people just would start with an easy case.
Unfortunately no FAQ yet on the Syslinux page.

Let's consider a MEMTEST86 payload (very simplistic, just 1 file) for PXELinux
following files are present (for mt86, no memdisk needed, no win98.img needed)
Notice that due to special extensen interpretation (.bin extension) the "memtest.bin" has been renamed to "memtest"
see http://syslinux.zytor.com/errors.php

configuration file is called "default" here but can be a MAC address filename somehow (no experience with that).

F:.
|   memdisk
|   memtest
|   pxelinux.0
|   win98.img

\---pxelinux.cfg
        default

contents of *my* file "default":
# entire compilation released under GPL; syslinux.zytor.com
# comments begin with #, and a space is required right after it: "# comment"
prompt 0
default 3
ontimeout 3
timeout 150
label 0
    kernel memtest
label 1
    kernel memdisk
      append initrd=win98.img

setting up DHCP and TFTP is your own responsibility. I have just a little knowledge about it and never succeeded in running a TFTP server on the same network as my DHCP server (router, not a dedicated pc).

current VMware has a PXE boot-implementation. Otherwise, you'll need at least 2 computers (1 DHCP/TFTP server, and 1 client with network with bootrom).

Bernd

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:

http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer

The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.