[syslinux] keyboard input under a vm

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jul 7 14:26:29 PDT 2004

Alexander Heinz wrote:
>> Is there any reason why the keyboard poll routine (int 16h) in
>> conio.inc checks fro a serial port.
>>
>> when pxelinux.0 is run under a vm - the keyboard does not register.
>> which makes menus useless.
>
> Murali's menu program works for me using VMWARE 4.5.1 build 7568 but if
> I exit the menu program using the left arrow key I cannot enter
> anything. The keyboard just does not work at the pxelinux prompt.

It checks a serial port *IF ENABLED* so that you can use a serial console.

[RANT] I'm sorry for everyone who complain here about VMWare bugs, but
seriously, you need to complain to VMWare.  You've paid them money for a
defective product; most of you have not paid me money for a product which
works according to spec.