[syslinux] isolinux and ide pci cards

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Sun Jul 11 11:27:36 PDT 2004

I have a Dell Poweredge 2600 which does not have any standard ide controller
on the mb. Since I needed to add an ide dvd-ram, I added a silicon image
0680 ide card. The cd would not boot if put into the dvd-ram with errors
very similar to
http://www.zytor.com/pipermail/syslinux/2004-May/003493.html
Other users had similar experiencing (on PE2600) with a SIIG card.

Googling around I discovered other people having problems with isolinux
booting off an ide pci cards or scsi cdrom (see debian installer messages on
google).

This email is to ask if someone knows/uses an ide pci card with a bios that
allows to boot a cd using isolinux without having to move/attach ide hard
disks drives.

Thanks

giulioo at pobox.com