[syslinux] simulate PXE boot from Etherboot ROM?

Harald Milz milz at seneca.muc.de
Wed Jul 14 23:52:33 PDT 2004

Hi,

is there any way to simulate a PXE boot from an Etherboot ROM? Background:
I am using PXES in a customer project. PXES supports bootsplash only via
pxelinux. The customer machines only have old ISA network cards for which
there appears to be no PXE boot rom so I have to use Etherboot.

Maybe one could build an NBI image from pxelinux.0 somehow ??? Use a newer
etherboot image as a second stage loader?

N.B.: nbgrub only supplies bootsplash to the GRUB menu not to the kernel
itself...

N.B.2: Yes I know how a bootsplash is added to a initrd but I'd rather not
hack PXES in a way that prevents the customer from upgrading PXES at a
later time, losing all customizations...

Any help is appreciated!

--
"Nice boy, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice."
		-- Foghorn Leghorn