[syslinux] Problem with SysLinux but not with LILO

JJ jungle_jim at icon.co.za
Fri Jul 16 15:21:59 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to use two products that use SysLinux and finally realised the
SysLinux is the cause of my woes. I'm trying to use Freesco and IPCop. IPCop
version 1.3 used a different boot loader to 1.4 which uses SysLinux. I have
been through numerous trials and tribulations in trying to get Freesco to
work but eventually gave up and went with IPCop. I kept getting the "Boot
Failed" error message. I went of to use IPCop instead. ICOP ver 1.3 uses
LILO. Now the new version of IPcop (1.4b5) use SysLinux, so I am almost
right back where I started - with the "Boot Failed error message. I then
traced the problem to the common denominator - Syslinux. I used the same
floppy disk and was able to boot with LILO but not with SysLinux.

Have any of you heard of this problem before?
What can I do?

Thanks

JJ