[syslinux] Syslinux of a USB flash ram

Holst, Richard G (Dick), GVSOL dholst at att.com
Mon Jul 19 12:50:50 PDT 2004

Folks,

When I run syslinux on my Sandisk Cruzer (512MB) USB flash RAM with the "syslinux /dev/sda" , it corrupts the partition table that I had already created on my USB device. It attempts to boot but eventually fails trying to load the kernel.  If I try "syslinux /dev/sda1", the USB device fail to boot at all. I would think that /dev/sda would be the correct device to use if one wants to write a boot record to track 0, sector 0 and not /dev/sda1. Am I missing something here?
Thanks in advance for you help.

Dick
\