[syslinux] using menu's to boot kernels

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 23 08:14:16 PDT 2004

add_item("User Text",
          "Status Bar Information",
          OPT_RUN,
          "kernel initrd=xyz any additional appendable options",0);

This should do it.

If you look into complex.com, the isolinux commandline is built up
dynamically, based on user selections (checkboxes and radiomenus).
complex.com also uses some features which can help securely boot (i.e.
users cannot type in their own arguments).

- Murali